A Former Evangelical Looks at Old Beliefs in a New Light
By Valerie Tarico, Ph.D. with a Foreword by Dale McGowan
Is Doubt a Sign of Weak Faith or a guardian of Truth?
Most Christians strive to know the will of God and follow the example of Jesus as seen through the eyes of the Gospel writers. But a belief that the Bible is literally true can put many in the odd position of defending falsehood, bigotry, and even violence. This book offers alternatives that are compatible with Christianity’s multi-millennial quest for love and truth, while also honoring what we know about ourselves and our world.
Do you have Doubts about some Bible Teachings?
Psychologist Valerie Tarico was raised in a fundamentalist family and educated at Wheaton College, home of the Billy Graham Center for Evangelicalism. After straining to keep her beliefs intact, Tarico conceded that she found the task morally and intellectually impossible. Like her, many Christians today realize that blind or forced faith, in the midst of doubt, is not a path to God or goodness.
If Curiosity is essential to Spiritual Growth
This award-winning 2nd edition will help everyone who seeks a deeper understanding of Christianity:
- If you find some traditional beliefs morally troubling …
- If you feel pained by the priorities of fellow Christians …
- If you question authorities who claim to have all the answers …
- If you seek a fresh approach to the timeless wisdom of the Bible …
Then Trusting Doubt is for you!
Proudly Released by the Oracle Institute Press - Publisher's Data:
- Trusting Doubt:
- A Former Evangelical Looks at Old Beliefs in a New Light
- © 2017 Valerie Tarico, Ph.D.
- ISBN: 978-1-937465-22-3
- 6.25 x 9.25 paperback • 304 pages • appendix • $18.95
- e-Book • PDF • MOBI Kindle • EPUB • $9.99
- International Distribution:Ingram/Lightning Source • Gardners • New Leaf Distributing Company • Baker & Taylor • Amazon • Barnes & Noble • Apple
Independent Publisher Book Award (IPPY) Winner!
Acclaim for Trusting Doubt
“Trusting Doubt is a humble and sincere exploration of the Christian faith. Powerful, well-researched, and good-hearted, this is the finest disputation of evangelical Christianity I have ever read.”
~Paul Constant, Columnist for The Stranger
“A groundbreaking approach to understanding the evolution of Christianity.”
~Michael DowdThank God for Evolution
“Tarico has seen has seen more of the relevant issues and contributed more novelty to the debate than some of the better known critics. Devastatingly good – and this from a very committed Christian.”
~Ken Himma, Ph.D., Department of Philosophy at Seattle Pacific University