The Significance of Sacred Geometry
Peace Pentagon Pentacle Window Created by Sheila Brannon
The Peace Pentagon employs sacred geometry based on the numbers 5 and 11. This is similar to the Washington Monument, which is 555 feet tall (5 x 111) and 55 feet wide at its base (5 x 11).
Our structure contains five pentagons:
- The exterior footprint is a pentagon with 55 ft. walls (5 x 11)
- The sanctuary is a pentagon with 25 ft. walls (5 x 5)
- The main classroom is beneath and mirrors the sanctuary
- The skylight in the sanctuary is a “pentamid” (5-sided pyramid)
- The pentacle appears in one of our stained-glass windows.
The Knights Templar and their contemporary cousins the Freemasons are known for using sacred geometry. The square and compass is their symbol and the “G” stands for God and Geometry.
Washington Monument Photo by Adam Strochak
The Peace Pentagon Project in Pictures
At the end of a rare Venus transit in June 2012, Oracle broke ground on the Peace Pentagon with the 100 Shovels Groundbreaking Ceremony. To learn more about Venus and the Pentacle it creates every eight years, see the History of Our Symbol. Below are progress pictures of the Peace Pentagon construction.
- Site Surveys by Don Dudley Site Work by Gary Ball Construction
- Foundation Work by Highland Builders
- Underslab Plumbing by G&B Plumbing
- Framing by Highland Builders
- Timbers by Harmony Timber Works
- Window, Walls and Roof by Branson Construction
- Exterior Stone work by Steve Dillard, Kelvin Allen, and Crew
Please make a tax-deductible DONATION to help us complete this amazing structure dedicated to PEACE!